Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cracker TOFFEE

I've seen this on Pinterest in a few places and thought it sounded a little strange but I Love toffee and thought I would give it a try....I made it for Thanksgiving and it is DELICIOUS!! {I think I like it even better than regular toffee because it doesn't get stuck in your teeth and it's not too hard to eat}.


1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 pkg chocolate chips
1 C nuts to sprinkle on top {optional}

Preheat oven to 375.

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread saltine crackers on cookie sheet. Leave a little room between them so the crackers can move around a little.

In a saucepan melt brown sugar and butter. Let boil for 3 minutes and then pour caramel mixture over the saltine crackers. Try to cover them as much as possible, but don't worry too much about covering every inch.

Bake for 6-8 minutes. The mixture will bubble up and cover all the crackers while it's cooking.

Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Let chocolate chips melt and then spread them all over the top. Sprinkle with nuts.

Let cool and then break into pieces and enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe.. its been a favorite for years.. we sprinkle with toffee chips instead of nuts. So so good!

    ReplyDelete